CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day!


My day started out with a run ,in the cool air in upstate N Y ! baked a cake for my mom then a strawberry rhubarb pie for my "little sister" Tammy she has DOWNS SYNDROME she is my little sister although she is 40 yrs old! she lives her life as a perpetual 5th grader! she does very well! she loves her food favs although she is thinnish she is active and participates in a daily program with others who are also "challenged" in various ways. I have been involved in her care for many years as has my younger sister Tina who she lives near and has pretty much responsibility for both my mom and Tammy,my mom is 76 yrs old and cares for Tammy daily,they still live together,this is amazing to me and many others who have relatives who reside in "community" residences.I think it is a testimony to the love Tammy and my mom have for each other! One day Tammy will live with Tina and/or myself hopefully we will share,which is why I am trying to MAP a plan to return to N.Y.Tina has a career as a Social Worker for the state of N.Y. mostly her years have been spent working on child abuse programs and investigations she has taught many others the valuable lessons she has learned along the way as well as shared many sad experiences to educate those throughout the system.I have much admiration for what she does,she has no birth children but many whose lives have been enriched because of her compassion ,she would have made an amazing mother! In many ways she "mothers" so many without them ever knowing! Those who are lucky enough to call her "friend" will never be alone when in need. We had a busy day as I am sure all of you have,so HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all those wonderful "women" by birth or by choice of love,we labor in the same field,to bring others joy and lives of purpose that will be passed to the next generation,and so goes life! Until I post again LOVE TO ALL NANA

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

I wrote a nice comment and I think it got lost..don't want to repeat in case it isn't lost..but will wish you
Happy Mother's Day again..

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

You are right..Tina is a wonderful person..and though she has no children..she still is like a mom to lots and lots..!