CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lena Mae my grandmother

This is Lena Mae Perkins,my grandmother!,with my father as a baby,isn't she beautiful!It was from her as my grandmother that I first knew some of how I would like to be a grandmother.

Funny that I thought of that as a child,but I did!She was the grandmother to the neighborhood children,I best remember her Saturdays,that was her "baking"day she made many things but her molasses cookies were the bessst!All the kids knew from the smell when they were ready and showed up at the screen door for their saturday treat!My own pie crust is the recipe I watched and helped her roll out countless times,and I have won many blue ribbons for that crust with my apple pie!One other of her homemaking habits I follow today[much to some peoples astonisment and woes,]is the ironing of my bed linens!! I love my sheets ironed ! this my grandmother did on Tuesdays' as Monday was washday!!I miss her still and would love to be there and smell the cookies,and sit in her rocker while watching small town life from the window.
Gramma,you were one of a kind,many years ago,i love you still. Lynnie Bug

2 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

That is so sweet..and the picture is beautiful! Is that where you get your looks from? OH yah..and you do have the best pie crust ever..no foolin!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful blog..I have some of my moms recipes up..She was a great cook..