CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

learning curve!

Just got done working the week-end Trying to learn what this "blogging" is all about. some serious stuff out there!!Very complicated!? Seems so to me My comfort zone is a hospital!!Though I like my side of it!!!Labor and delivery as you know is my place,We have BIRTH PLANS out there,with parents to be wanting a lovely,low lights soft music,no episiotomy,do not mention or ask if they want"pain medicine" but get thee EPIDURAL!! at 2 cm's.They want the baby placed on their chest after birth to "bond" and they want the whole family there to witness this event! OK! I'm flexibleI love labor and have for 23/yrs,but we need some "new" birth plans based in reality.Labor is a painful process that affects not only the mother but the baby as well, I'm there to make sure you both are safe and healthy when it's over.Some of these "birth plans' would adapt better to "home" births.If you come to my hospital i have an obligation to see that you leave with a happy healthy baby and mom.I know there are lots' of horror stories out there,but there are wonderful ones as well.I'd like to see some reality before the process begins,not after. Any comments??

1 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Hi Mom! Nice post! Don't worry about blogging being complicated..just right what you feel like and it will come to you! You should add tags at the bottom of your post..call me!